Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh What a Night

Last night I was on a bloggers conference call with Mr. Cain. I would estimate that there were 5-7 bloggers on the call. With such a small group, my chances of asking a question were pretty high and I was correct.

After a quick intro by his team, we each introduced ourselves to Mr. Cain. I of course, being absolutely excited; introduced myself first. To be completely honest, I had butterflies in my stomach, but I pulled myself together and said "I am Joe Losurdo and I have a blog called Reform Washington Now". All of the other bloggers then went on and introduced themselves as well.

After the introductions were completed., Mr. Cain gave a quick speech and then turned it over to us for questioning.  At that point, I was thinking to myself; why I am so nervous.  Here is a man that has never been an elected official and he lost the only campaign when he ran for Senator of Georgia.Then it occurred to me, it was not who Mr. Cain was in the past, it was about who Mr. Cain would be in the future.  I had butterflies because I was talking to the future President of The United States.

After a few people asked some questions,  I finally spoke up and was ready to ask mine. I introduced myself once more and I commented on the fact the my wife had been listening to you for years and insisted that I listen to you as well. I listened to you a few times and then I was hooked.  I thought to myself, this guy gets it and from then on, I have always been inspired.  I told Mr. Cain that I am 100% behind you, but how can we help you get elected? He said one of the biggest things is volunteers and we currently have over 100,000 of them on the ground. He also added "Every donation even the smallest one can have an impact."

I followed up with another question;  "I think we all know that you are going to run for President, but when do you think you will announce?  A few words came out of his mouth and then the click, phone shut off.  I could not believe it, I accidentally shut the phone off. I actually shut the phone of on Mr. Cain. That was it, that was my last chance to ask Mr. Cain a question. Someday, I hope  to ask him a few more questions one day.

P.S I really hope he wins the presidency, I will tell everyone that I hung up the phone on the President.

No comments: